Wednesday 10 August 2011

Preview: The beautiful Alex B ... modeling again?


Oh how I wish that our much loved Dubai model Alexandra B would get back into modeling!! We all miss her beautiful face and kind personality sooo much ... but she now has a real job ;)

A couple of days ago we all got together in The Studio ... the uber-talented Dr. Beck was shooting Alex and her sister Ela, whilst the incredible Dina Yassin was styling and I enjoyed doing Hair & Makeup.

HOW TO STEAL HER LOOK

I love this look ... it's a shame that I rarely get to do makeup like this.
The market here in Dubai most often demands very heavy makeup looks ... too heavy if you ask me, but still fun to do!

I wanted to showcase Alex's amazing skin, therefore I chose a sheer buildable coverage foundation like MAC Face & Body (which i adore!). I love that this foundation retains it's dewy sheen if set carefully with only a tiny bit of Make Up For Ever HD powder (where needed).

The cheeks were sculpted with Kryolan blusher, "R19" as a contour under the cheekbone and "T0" to add a subtle pink to the cheekbone and thus tie in with the stunning pink Chanel lipstick ("Chanel 167 Super").

The eyes were only lightly contoured with MAC eyeshadow in "wedge" and "dazzlelight", which I also used to highlight down the bridge of the nose, the inner corner of the eyes and on the cupids bow. I then used MAC's limited edition fleshtone coloured eyeliner, which I prefer so much over any white eyeliner.




3 comments: