Wednesday 10 June 2009

The Roaring Twenties


The roaring twenties are one of my favorite decade. Those days where filled with glamour and the decadence back then was entirely controlled it seems in comparison to today. Ah the good old days when people had to communicate with each other,technology was not quite in the way of communication. We used to need our hearts as opposed to a computer screen. Woman needed dresses,hot tasseled swinging pieces to wear out during the prohibition!!! Sex was in the air breathing heavily through the night time in the city...At least in my mind.


One day my design partner Jennifer Fein and I will build our archive so huge it will stretch from her loft/our studio in Jersey City all the way across the Hudson River to NYC,it will be filled with 1920's vintage from floor to ceiling!!!



I daydream about the source of entertainment and costumes that time had to offer at the night clubs back then...

I picture tap shoes and this tutu romper on a showgirl at a midnight cabaret...

No comments:

Post a Comment