Friday 12 June 2009

Lanvin Lanvin


I LOVE Lanvin. I love the shapes, I love the colors, I love the way the fabric flows, I love the sophistication, I love the simplicity and I love Alber Elbaz.
I think I mostly like him because of his modesty which I think also reflects in his designs. The other reason is because he's Israeli!


Alber Elbaz was born in Casablanca, Morocco. He immigrated to Israel with his family at the age of ten and grew up in Holon. After serving in the Israeli Defense Forces, he studied at the Shenkar College of Engineering and Design in Ramat Gan. That's where I might start studying next year (I got excepted and I need to choose if I want to study fashion design there or art in The Bezalel Academy of Arts and Design). Over the years Alber Elbaz worked for Guy Laroche, Yves Saint-Laurent and Krizia. In October 2001, he was appointed artistic director of Lanvin in Paris. Lanvin is the oldest extant fashion house worldwide, having been founded by Jeanne Lanvin.



It makes me happy and proud to see an Israeli who did so well abroad and of course gives me a dose of ambition. I made the sketch above as a gesture for Lanvin and Alber Elbaz.





images from style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment