Tuesday 15 December 2009

how did you come up with the name of your blog It just seemed like a natural description for my tastes. I love the kischy tackiness embodied by the 1970's-- fake wood paneling, avocado green appliances, clunky Winnebagos, etc. A lot of people find that kind of stuff terribly ugly, and for some reason I just gravitate towards this forgotton aesthetic. People seem so obsessed with sleek, new, aerodynamic, futuristic stuff right now-- which is totally not me. when were you introduced to fashion I still don't know if fashion and I have been properly introduced. We kind of have this relationship where we pass each-other in the hallway and catch each-others' glance, but quickly look away and pretend we didn't notice one another. It took a long time for me to "come into" my style.
I was such a tomboy as a child and teen, and was so uncomfortable wearing anything but jeans and t-shirts. Only about two years ago did I start thinking about my personal style and successfully dressing in a way that reflected myself. I think I finally reached a point in my confidence where I just didn't care what people thought of me anymore, which really freed me up to wear whatever I wanted. how do you describe your style My style is an interesting mix of things. I love everything vintage, so a lot of my styles have a vintage feel to them. I think if I could wear vintage clothing all the time, I would be tempted to do so. But most of my styles come from a mixture of the old and new. I love browsing sites like Chictopia, Lookbook, or Weardrobe to get inspiration. My style now is a lot more feminine than it used to be. I like to wear a lot of skirts and dresses. I tend to retain a tomboy edge, though. I prefer tomboy to princess, when it comes to style. what made you start a fashion blog I had just started reading fashion blogs and was just getting interested in style and fashion, so it seemed like a good way to grow and learn more about fashion. I also really wanted to be a part of a community of people interested in the things I was interested in. Where I live isn't really a style Mecca, so the online blogging world became a sort of surrogate community for me to get feedback and interact with other people with my intersts. It has really helped me develop my style, I have much more of a solid perspective now on fashion. what do you think you bring to the fashion blog world The fashion blog world seems endless with so many different people offerering their perspectives. I think mine is rather unique as I'm really not that into runway fashions. A lot of blogs seem to deal with runway fashion, but I am much more interested in what regular people wear. I like seeing how people who don't have thousands of dollars to spend on designer clothing interpret what is going on in fashion in a thrifty and interesting way.

Sure, Chanel and Dior are fascinating, but more fascinating is how people on a budget stay stylish without breaking the bank. how is your style different than everyone else Unless you are outright copying another person's outfit, I think everyone's style is pretty different. I probably wear clothes that are similar to a lot of fashion bloggers, but the way I wear them, how I mix and match, my hair and make-up, all add up to a style completely my own. I think in fashion, style is greater than the sum of it's parts. I may be able to wear the exact same outfit as someone else, but it may not work on me and look completely out of place. Plus, my hair is pretty unique. I think I get about 1000% more comments on my hair than anything else.
who is your inspiration For style: regular people in cities around the world. I love seeing how different people's personalities manifest themselves into their fashion sense. In life: art, music, and genuine honest people. what impression do you want to leave on the people that visit your blog I'd mainly just like them to glean a little bit of who I am, and the things that interest me, and perhaps be inspired. If they decide that they like my style and stick around, all the better, but I realize that my blog isn't for everyone. It won't appeal to some readers, but I am always glad that anyone stops by my little corner of the internet. who is your favorite designer Does Gunne Sax count? If I could wear vintage Gunne Sax all the time, I would be a happy camper. I like creative avant-garde designers. I enjoy seeing what Alexander McQueen, Victor & Rolf, Atelier Versace, John Galliano, and so on, come up with to trot down the runways at fashion week. It's really quite fascinating. I like the designers that really push the envelope. 10 what piece is a must have in your closet Right now: Tights. I'm basically living in tights. And skirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment