Tuesday 18 August 2009

how did you come up with the name of your blog? My character is a collective of everything that does and has inspired me. The blog name, "The Fragrance Separate to the Flower", comes from Broadcast's song 'I Found the 'F'' (with one word changed, subtly). They have become the primary focus of my lyrical inspiration, and thus was born my blog in their name. when where you introduced to fashion? I was never introduced to it, I was born to it, I guess. My mother has always paid great notice to the way that we dress, so I suppose it was a matter of slow progression IN fashion rather than a new found interest.
how do you describe your style?A successful escape from the lion's den. what made you start a fashion blog?I never started a fashion blog. My blog is actually completely and entirely focused on my artistic progress and on the art that I produce at very specific intervals in my life. However, I started posting on Lookbook.nu about a year and a half ago, now. And I think I started posting because Yuri emailed me on Myspace offering me an in on the site when it just started and I was so interested by the pretty faces and innovative outfits worn by the original members, that I decided to get in on it myself. I'm one for creative environments. It brings out both the best and the worst in people and I love that dynamic so much. what do you think you bring to the fashion blog world? A breath of fresh air.
how is your style different than everyone else? Haha, I may be completely modest, but I wouldn't go so far as saying that my style is different. It's quite similar to many others. I think the point of difference, however, is that I dress myself and I wear my clothes comfortably and proudly. I don't look inadequate or eager in my clothing nor do I try to set myself apart. It's the clothes I wear on my back and that's all it is.






who is your inspiration?
Ah, the question of all questions. I'm inspired by many people and many things. I've been inspired by the words of Renoir (but never by his art, ha!), the philosophies of Nietzsche and Foucault, the aesthetic of Goya and the humour of Wilde. I'm inspired by shapes and by colours, by people and by places. I'm all over the map, and I think that it's important to be so rather than have a concentrated source of inspiration. My prolific sources of reference and inspiration, inspire in return a diverse body of work and head of ideas.what impression do you want to leave on the people that visits your blog? That I'm dangerously modest and impossibly eager. I want people to give me constructive criticism and objective opinions. I want people to see, observe and maybe even to fall in love. That would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment