Wednesday 1 October 2008

Highlights of Milan Fashion Week

Alberta Ferretti

These pants are awesome! I hope this sort of open-weaving (for lack of a better word right now... I'm not sure how this look is achieved) makes its way down to Topshop, at least. To steal a phrase from Paris Hilton *shudder*, this look is hot. I love that it's covered up, but showing skin at the same time. Ladies, paradoxes are your friends.
Alessandro dell'Acqua



Mmm, 3D collage.

Here's that "open weave" again!! This needs to be a trend, ASAP.

Derercuny

Sweet and ladylike, in a futuristic fabric. Like George Jetson's wife... what the hell is her name?

Etro
This is the best pajama set I've seen so far. Yes, it looks just like a pair of pajamas, but the color palette makes it extremely wearable. I would still break this outfit up and wear the pieces separately, but since the colorway doesn't scream, "ready for bed," you might be able to get away with wearing this all at once.

Fendi
This is literally the only thing I liked at Fendi. I hated the models' feather-duster-gone-crazy hair, the not-exactly-t-strap shoes... Major frown.

Gianfranco Ferre
*sigh* Gianfranco Ferre, take me away. Oh, maybe I should put that on a House of Holland-style shirt!










Gucci

This is my second favorite Milan collection, after Gianfranco Ferre, of course. I just looooooooooove the 70's pimp look. Pimps, on the other hand, I'm not too big a fan of.

This looks like something Lupin the 3rd would wear... if he were a girl?? (P.S. If you don't know Lupin, get to know him! One of the best cartoons I've ever watched -- and I've seen plenty.)





I could probably die happy if I ever got to own one of these suits. And I'd probably wear it every day.

Iceberg

I really like this dress, but it just reminds me of Christopher Kane/Alexander Wang/etc. There's something very familiar about this dress... I don't think that once a new design or style has been done that it shouldn't ever be made again -- obviously, Wang is influenced by the 90's, and I definitely remember dresses like this from that time -- but I guess if you're going to rehash something, make it special. The more we see it, the more impact it has to have. You know what I mean?

Missoni

Ugh, I so regret not buying something from Missoni while I was in Rome. :(

Klimt, is that you?


Moschino
Updated Breakfast at Tiffany's, eh?

Sarcasm alert: So I'm thinking ruffles will be in next spring? (see below and above)

Moschino Cheap and Chic

Reminds me of the surface of the moon.

Pollini

Roberto Cavalli
I usually really, really, really dislike Roberto Cavalli, but these gowns are quite nice.

Salvatore Ferragamo


I am so wearing this outfit next spring/summer.

This outfit would be perfect in any color. Love it!


Photos from style.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment