Thursday 22 September 2011

NYFW: Cynthia Rowley, Creatures of the Wind, Cushnie et Ochs, Christian Siriano, Custo Barcelona and Costello Tagliapietra

 Shiny florals! Who would've known that that would look good? Big ups to Cynthia Rowley for the high-shine collection. I'm now in the market for some look-at-me florals, gold shoes, and structured (scuba gear inspired?) dresses.

 I think this is a new line... me gusta! Reminiscent of Balenciaga and Christian Cota, yet fresh and inventive. I adore the color choices here, though I did find the floral prints a little on the dowdy side.

 Cushnie et Ochs, you clever ladies. Way to redefine peplum. Hell yes, I want a metal peplum detail on my dress. Fantastic!


 Seriously, Custo Barcelona, seriously? I love it. ALL of it. The prints are so Dali-weird... there are faces, and flowers, and I'm pretty sure I saw a giraffe in there somewhere. Don't even get me started on the shoes. If there was one collection from this season so far that I really, really wish I could get my hands on, it's this one. Bravo!


No comments:

Post a Comment