Monday 30 May 2011

Latest Photoshoot: Zahrat Al Khaleej Middle East Magazine - 70s Revival


The last three months I have been blessed with jobs, loads of advertising (thanks to my amazing booker Rosh from my agency bareface), beautiful editorials shot by some amazing photographers and lots of interviews.

Amongst all this I have had yet again the chance to work on an editorial shoot with one of my favorite models french beauty Alexandra P @ bareface. We shot for Zahrat Al Khaleej, one of the largest weekly magazines in the Middle East who produce a fashion issue twice a year. Our story shot by my good friend photographer Billie Muller, revisited the 70s.









HOW TO 70s inspired Look
I wanted to capture the 70s in a modern way. The hair was waved with a tiny curling iron of 1/4 inch, twisting the sections as they were curled around the iron. A deep part was then gelled into place with section clips allowing it to dry into place.


I used RCMA foundation thinned out with MAC Strobe cream applied with a Beauty Blender and set with Make Up For Ever HD Powder (one of my favorites).


For the eyes I used a mixture of MAC Pro Paintsticks as a base and eyeshadows to add depth; finished off with my all-time favorite Illamasqua Liquid Metal in their gold "Solstice" to add dimension just above the lashline and the inner corner of the eyes. I used the same Liquid Metal on the cupid's bow of the lip (be careful when applying your Liquid Metal on the lip as it will mix with your lipstick which does't look so nice, make sure your brush is tiny to avoid this).

Mac Pro Paint Sticks in "Pure White", " Landscape Green" and "French Violet"
My Mac Pro Paint Sticks palette after last week's editorial shoot in the desert at 40C+. Oh so sad! 
To further enhance the eyes I used a set of "Girls Aloud" strip lashes on top and MAC single short lashes at the bottom outer corner.




TAKE A PEEK Behind The Scenes








Thank you Billie and Alex for these wonderful photos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment