Saturday 1 January 2011

Latest Photoshoot: WHITE LIGHT WHITE HEAT incl. "How To" Makeup



It was my first time working with Brazilian born model Carol B from Bareface ... and OMG how beautiful this girl is, inside and out! Not only does she have the most beautiful eyes and lips to die for, but moreover, she thoroughly impressed me (being that I am German) with her yearly visits to the Oktoberfest at which you can spot her wearing traditional German Dirndl. A Brazilian Goddess in a Dirndl drinking a proper 1 liter beer ... sat will srow any German out of seir socks.

Anyhow, back to the shoot. We shot this editorial early September 2010 (Ramadan) on a day on which it was too hot to go to the beach, in other words a typical Dubai 45 Degrees Celsius day. So, imagine shooting outside at 45 Degrees Celsius for about 8 hours during Ramadan where you are not allowed to drink in the open as you have to obey by the Islamic fasting rules. 
- To those of you who are from Dubai reading this ... I know I shouldn't complain, it's completely normal, we have all done it.
- For those of you living in non-islamic normal temperature states: It's really haaaard :) trust me!


My thanks goes to the amazing photographer Callaghan Walsh who shot this editorial and talented stylist and friend Natalie Trevis. I love the photos!




MAKEUP & HAIR NOTES:
I wanted Carol's look to reflect the forest; sort of make her belong to the forest this editorial was shot in. I wanted her to keep looking wild, bold and rough but very beautiful at the same time and hence picked up on the greys and silvers of the tree barks.
I primed Carol's skin with 'Mac Prep + Prime' before applying RCMA foundation, contoured her face slightly with Mac Pro's 'Sculpt' powder as well as added highlights with Mac Pro's 'soft focus' highlighter powder which is slightly yellowish (I always find that a slightly yellowish highlighter powder works really well on deep olive skin tones).
For her eyes, I used Makeup Forever's new acua color in 'light grey' as a base with Bobbi Browns eyeshadow in 'Coco' in the crease, the outer corners and below the eye. To highlight and "bewilder" Carol's eyes I added Illamasqua liquid metal in 'Surge' to the inner corners as well as the middle of her lid. Finishing, I added a whole pack of single lashes to the top and bottom and of course added Mac's 'smolder' to the inner lashline.
For the lips I used Mac's 'oak' lippencil with some Mac 'dazzlelight' eyeshadow on her cupids bow and lots of Illamasqua light pinkish gloss.



Carol has beautiful long hair, which gets her booked for many hair shoots ... so for this shoot we used an amazing real hair bob wig, which was tousled up using hairspray and which I had given a blunt cut here and there in order to underline the wildness of this shoot. I loved the wig ... Carol hated the wig ... like anyone would in this heat, poor girl!









Behind the Scenes:









No comments:

Post a Comment