Monday 6 December 2010

Latest Photoshoot: L'Officiel - incl. "How to" OCC Lip Tars


I had received the call from my agent about shooting an editorial for L'Officiel only the day before! How incredibly exciting ... and thank God I didn't know about it weeks before, which in turn would have lead to many more than 1 sleepless night ;)
Our gorgeous model was Marina B from Bareface ... what an incredibly beautiful girl!


Still relying mostly on my lipstick palettes and glosses during shoots, I was eager to once again put my OCC Lip Tars to the test. 
OCC Lip Tars are stunning lip colors produced by Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics, combining the longevity of a lipstick, with the ease of application of a gloss. The lip paints go on slick and moist and dry down to a satin finish. 


Last time I used one of my Lip Tars it feathered heavily outside of the model's lipline, entirely my fault though: the shoot was going so well that my overexcitement lead to way too much product on my brush which in turn is known to lead to heavy bleeding when using lip tars. 
This time I was cautious to use only the tiniest pin sized amount of this highly pigmented ultra-saturated lip paint.

The editorial was going to feature a number of jewel toned dresses set against the dark full bodied red background of the Emirates Towers Bar we were shooting at. I used OCC Lip Tar in NSFW, a incredible deep blue based red, which looked magical against Marina's porcelain skin tone and dark hair. 


The best thing about it ... if you are working on an editorial shoot and have decided to stick to one lip-color throughout the shoot, you don't need to re-apply even once no matter how many dress changes. The lip tar dries and remains perfectly in place all day.










WHO's THAT GIRL?      Marina B @ Bareface
If you want to shoot with the beautiful Marina B contact Bareface for bookings.




 

 photo credits: Isidora Bojovic for L'Officiel, Marina' Portfolio

No comments:

Post a Comment