Tuesday 6 November 2007

My long time at Parson's School of Design!!!


It use to frustrate and sadden me when I was handed an illness that forced me to take 2 years time off from school. But now looking back it was the greatest thing ever because it lead me to be friend so many talented designers and intriguing people I wouldn't have crossed paths with. So I'm here tonight to tell you about a bit about all of the eccentric,trust fund's,and striving to reach a dream.

Mara Hoffman was a teen aged girl I met at the tender age of 16 during a summer for high school students who wanted to indulge with a dream in an eccentric future to take the world by storm one day. I wanted that but I wanted to work with rock and roller Anna Sui first,she was my idle at the time along with many other cult designers with a following in the east village. Mara has indulged in what she loved to do. Free hand batiked garments dyed by hand with raw hems and sometimes time consuming beading which where placed all over the city on consignment for the most part. Such ambition along with consistancy as lead her to an even higher level that has given her the chance to rise and further her fabrics with printed silk jersey,along with the help of long time friend Klee. What a special working arrangement!!! Mara has come a long way from batiking sexy cute mini skirts and ballet dresses to architectural draping sculptures and advanced draping decor. She has been out doing herself and growing with every collection. You must check out her holiday collection.

Congrats Mara Cecilia Hoffman!!! I hope you return to Paris every now and again and collect new inspiration on the way home. Comment below and let us in!!!

Vena Cava,My ex fave classmate upon graduation. The modest girl out of the Hollywood world who chose to escape a truly artistic world humble in Brooklyn where she and partner Lisa Mayok design out of their studio. Sophie is a stylish young lady with an eye for vintage along with a taste for the mature rituals such as playing bridge. I always knew this gal was headed in a special unconventional fashion direction. Voila her she is a runner up for the coveted CFDA financial award!!! Such fabulous detail surrounds each piece.

Finally the 2 girls I mainly finished school with Alexa Adams and Flora Gills,two chicks who where always snabbing the highest awards,scholarship funding and getting paid internships at Donna Karen all before Sr year at Parson's. Every contest was won right up their with the Proenza Schouler duo!!! Alexa is a die hard fashion designer who has always been destined to live a life like that of fashion legend Carrie Donovan. If you have $$$ to invest I highly suggest you contact them, these ladies are all the way up to the beginning of something HUGE!!! Ohne Titel will innovate this industry like no other. I'm not kidding I see a CFDA award ahead,perfume,acsessories and more what else can be expected my 2 ultra head desingners to the legendary Lagerfeld!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment