Tuesday 4 September 2007

Makeup make the World go Pretty!!!

Cynthia Rose will take you behind the life of a makeup artist in this interview right here!!!

Tell us a bit about your back ground???

-I moved to New York from Maui Hawaii. I will always be an Maui girl and I try and go home as much as I can. I was a rock musician and a co-producer of a Zine for around 10 years there before I decided to pursue Makeup.
My love of makeup, I attribute to a few things: my oldest sister who was a model, my love of art, gay men, rock and roll and all things beautiful and decadent.

Will you be here for NYC fashion week or what?
If so what shows will you be working on?


-I am working the Rock & Republic show and a few others.

What's the best editorial or project you worked on? Who are the coolest people you've been able to collaborate with?

-I've gotten to work with so many amazing people, it’s hard to say. I really love working with Alex Covo (www.fatpuppystudio.com). I also love working with the awesome people at PlaztikMag.com!
The best time I had working on something was ‘the Good Shepherd’, it was like nothing I had experienced before. The crew was incredible. I wouldn’t be doing what I am today if I hadn’t worked on that film. I owe the Hair and Makeup department of the Good Shepherd so much, they’re really remarkable people.

What is your favorite make up book to live by and what products to you fancy?

-To be honest, I’m not that crazy about makeup books. I really would rather look at an art book or watch a film and be inspired by that.
When I was younger I picked up a copy of Kevyn Aucoin’s book ‘Making Faces’ and I knew that’s what I wanted to be doing.
As for products, I really love a lot of different things, but I’ll try to think of a few I couldn’t live without:

Make Up For Ever –All Matte Primer
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Loose Color Concentrates and Pigments www.occmakeup.com. Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer
Nars Blush and Multiples
Camera Ready Cosmetics Gel Liner (www.camerareadycosmetics.com)

Do you have a web site?

www.CynRose.com
www.myspace.com/cindyrose


Tell us what's sexy in terms of make up during the day, and what’s a good look for the night time glam spots!!!

-I think great makeup is all about gorgeous skin so finding the right foundation is key. For the day I like to focus on lashes and cheeks and for night even bigger lashes and bold lip colors.

Who are your inspirations?

-I’m inspired a lot by film, art and old Hollywood glamor.

Lets end this interview by your giving us your professional and creative advice!!!

-The only advice I have is: Be kind, be humble and kick-ass.

Thanks girl!!
xo,
Cyn

No comments:

Post a Comment